By Dina Levy
The authors played a learn to evaluate the effectiveness of utilizing microworlds to coach military logisticians. backed by means of the U.S. military mixed fingers aid Command, the research was once a part of an attempt to layout new education for an rising association within the Army--the Theater help Command (TSC)--which, between different issues, is chargeable for coping with the circulate of individuals and materiel during the theater of operations. The authors designed a three-hour education curriculum round a microworld version that represents a simplified, yet dynamic, version of the distribution administration technique. the most target of the consultation used to be to coach the novices concerning the outcomes in their judgements through the years and around the distribution administration procedure. contributors within the microworld-based education classes greater considerably of their skill to spot complicated traits in a distribution community and to judge the affects of these traits.
Read or Download Exploring the Use of Microworld Models to Train Army Logistics Management Skills PDF
Similar strategy books
The Peninsula crusade of 1862: an army research КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Издательство: collage Press of MississippiАвтор(ы): Kevin Dougherty, J. Michael MooreЯзык: EnglishГод издания: 2005Количество страниц: 194ISBN: 1-57806-752-9Формат: pdf (e-book)Размер: 1. seventy seven mb RAPIDили IFOLDER zero
This publication bargains a strategic research of 1 of the main notable army careers in background, picking out the main pertinent strategic classes from the campaigns of Alexander the nice. David Lonsdale argues that because the middle ideas of approach are everlasting, the examine and research of historic examples have price to the fashionable theorist and practitioner.
This e-book addresses a number of key questions: Will America's ecu allies be ready to muster the political will and armed forces features to undertaking major army strength to assist shield the Persian Gulf? How a lot army strength can our ecu allies give a contribution at the present time and sooner or later to Persian Gulf contingencies?
- The war in Bosnia-Herzegovina: ethnic conflict and international intervention
- Protecting Jerusalem's Holy Sites: A Strategy for Negotiating a Sacred Peace
- Earn What You're Really Worth: Maximize Your Income at Any Time in Any Market
- Frontline fighters
- The Dynamics of Military Revolution, 1300-2050
- Sales Success (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
Additional info for Exploring the Use of Microworld Models to Train Army Logistics Management Skills
05. 05. 69], but the difference between the two groups was significant only for the pretest. 98]. Results 27 RANDMR1305-11 5 Score (max = 5) 4 3 2 Officer 1 Enlisted 0 Pretest Posttest Figure 11—Performance of Officers and Enlisted Soldiers on Question 1 (Identifying Trends) RANDMR1305-12 4 Score (max = 4) 3 RAND experience 2 No RAND experience 1 0 Pretest Posttest Figure 12—Performance of Participants With and Without Prior RAND Training on Question 2a (Identifying Impacts of Courses of Action) 28 Exploring Microworld Models to Train Army Logistics Management Skills Posttest data from the Posttest Control group were compared with data from the Full Assessment group to determine whether experience with the pretest itself had any effect on subsequent posttest performance (see Figure 13).
Their ratings of their understanding of important topics increased by a minimum of 40 percent and, in one case, nearly 100 percent from pretest to posttest. FOLLOWING UP WITH DIFFERENT CONTROL CONDITIONS The simple control condition for this study established that there was no significant learning from taking the pretest: Trainees who did not take the pretest performed no differently than trainees who did. However, there are a number of other appropriate control conditions that could answer questions about how microworld-based training compares to other training methods.
Have different short-term and long-term impacts? )? Exercise influence on higher and/or lower echelons? Agree with overall mission? Introduce tradeoffs when compared to alternatives? 1 1 1 Maximum: 4 2c Tactics and resources 1 1 Maximum: 2 Have tactical implications? Have impacts on resources in theater? Method 21 were collected in an effort to acknowledge the importance of traditional Army concerns; however, the category was not an explicit part of our training goals for this demonstration session.