By O. Hudlicka
Read or Download Circulation in Skeletal Muscle. Proceedings of an International Symposium Held at Smolenice, Czechoslovakia, 1966 PDF
Best international books
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 3rd overseas convention on Algebraic Informatics, CAI 2009, held in Thessaloniki, Greece, in may well 2009. The sixteen complete papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 25 submissions. The papers conceal subject matters akin to algebraic semantics on graph and timber, formal strength sequence, syntactic items, algebraic photograph processing, finite and countless computations, acceptors and transducers for strings, timber, graphs arrays, and so on.
The Biomed 2008 is a smart occasion bringing jointly academicians and practitioners in engineering and medication during this ever progressing box. This quantity provides the court cases of this overseas convention, together geared up via the dept of Biomedical Engineering, college of Malaya, Malaysia; division of Biomedical Engineering, Inje collage, Korea; and Malaysian Society of clinical and organic Engineering.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Semigroups : Braga, Portugal, 18-23 June 1999
- Proceedings of the 2011, International Conference on Informatics, Cybernetics, and Computer Engineering (ICCE2011) November 19–20, 2011, Melbourne, Australia: Volume 2: Information Systems and Computer Engineering
- Observatories in Earth Orbit and Beyond: Proceedings of the 123RD Colloquium of the International Astronomical Union, Held in Greenbelt, Maryland, U.S.A., April 24–27,1990
- Heidelberg Congress on Taxing Consumption: Proceedings of the International Congress on Taxing Consumption, Held at Heidelberg, June 28–30, 1989
- Client Data Caching: A Foundation for High Performance Object Database Systems
- International Standards for Fruit and Vegetables: Early and Ware Potatoes - Pommes de terre de primeur et pommes de terre de conservation
Additional resources for Circulation in Skeletal Muscle. Proceedings of an International Symposium Held at Smolenice, Czechoslovakia, 1966
Clin. Sei. 18, 9. DAWES, G . , and FASTIER, F . N . (1950) Reflex actions of some isothiourea derivatives on circulation and respiration. Brit. J. Pharmacol. 5, 323. MEIER, R . , BEIN, H . J . and HELMICH, H . (1949) Zur Wirkung des Veratrins auf die vagale Atemsteuerung des Kaninchens. Experientia, 5, 484. PAINTAL, A . S . (1955) Impulses in vagal aff'erent fibres from specific pulmonary deflation receptors. The response of these receptors to phenyldiguanide, potato starch, 5-hydroxytryptamine and nicotine, and their role in respiratory and cardiovas cular reflexes.
These experiments indicated that the vasodilatation induced by vasodilator nerve activity may be of physiological significance only during low vasoconstrictor tone. We have performed experiments on conscious and anaesthetized dogs in order to further elucidate the interaction between the two vasomotor 43 44 S. ROSELL, P. BOLME AND S. H. NGAI systems. The vasodilator outflow to skeletal muscle vessels was activ ated by electrical stimulation in the hypothalamus or the mesence phalon. On conscious dogs the blood flow was measured by means of an electromagnetic flowmeter probe placed around the external iliac artery.
Blood flow distal to the insertion of the catheter in the femoral artery of the recipient was monitored. Veratridine, phenyldiguanide and lobehne were used to represent the three classes of sensory stimulatory drugs. When injected into the right atrium in submaximal reflex hypotensive doses, an increase in femoral flow was seen 1-2 sec after the beginning of reflex bradycardia in nineteen out of a total of twenty experiments. In the single animal experiments after the injection of these reflexogenic compounds, flow frequently increased above control levels despite a concomitant fall in arterial pressure (Figs.